TRIPAWDS: Home to 11315 Members and 1317 Blogs.

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!

Jill's Journey

Hopping her way towards a (hopefully) cancer free life three legs at a time

Jill’s One-Year Check Up

Filed under: Uncategorized — rica55 at 12:30 pm on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

Jill’s one-year Ampuversary is this Thursday, 12/12, which meant it was time for her one-year check up!  Off we went this morning in the snow to the Animal Medical Center.  She was her usual self, hugging everyone…and I was my usual self, nervous and anxious.  This was a big check-up!  It would be her last one for a long time (hopefully!) so I made sure to voice any and all my concerns about any unusual behavior (belching, wheezing, tripping).  But when it really came down to it, they pronounced her A-OK, 100% healthy and happy!  We still have to wait for the radiologist department to read her chest x-ray, but her oncologist thinks they look crystal clear!  She is “just thrilled” with how Jill is doing and I am so happy about that.  We can now say with near certainty that as of Thursday, Jill is ONE YEAR CANCER FREE.  I can’t even begin to tell you what joy it brings me to type those words.

Here is a picture of her appointment sheet – I love that they put “one year ampuversary” as her appointment title! and a picture of Jill with her oncologist, Dr. Ann Hohenhaus.

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

December 10, 2013 @ 12:51 pm   Reply

Wonderful, wonderful news!

What more can I say!

Linda and Tucker 🙂

December 10, 2013 @ 2:57 pm   Reply

Yay Jilly-Bean! I knew your mom was just being a basket case. I’m thinking Grandma M is going to be giving you a hard time about that picture with the vet because that wasn’t the most flattering posture, but you ignore her because you are purrrrrtiful!

We love you,
Karma and the crew and always our angel Brendol

December 10, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   Reply

whooot woooootttt
Just a little happy for you.. :O)
Christine….. with Franklin in her heart♥

December 10, 2013 @ 5:21 pm   Reply

YAY JILL. Now that I said Yay, please stop scaring your mom senseless. We love you very much & are very happy to hear you have had a wonderful checkup. Very Very happy for you guys and love the picture of you & your Dr.

Michelle & Angel Sassy

December 10, 2013 @ 6:47 pm   Reply

Okay, the picture of the paperwork doesn’t count as a second photo!

Maybe we could see her sneaking into Brudda’s food bowl tonight? Or just one of her cuddling with you KNOWING all is well!

All IS well Pepper! You tow have done it!! You’ve hung in there and you’ve made history! You never gave up! You stayed focused on always finding a way!

Se ding lots of love up to New York tonight! Soak it all in and let the jy contiue!

Salt and Hapoy Hannan

December 10, 2013 @ 10:40 pm   Reply

Salt! do not worry the pictures AND VIDEO will be coming on Thursday for the BIG CELEBRATION!

The Island Cats

December 10, 2013 @ 7:31 pm   Reply

Yay! We’re so happy Jill got a good report!

December 10, 2013 @ 9:50 pm   Reply

Great news, I couldn’t be happier for you and Jill. Now give her a little mouse to celebrate!

December 10, 2013 @ 10:49 pm   Reply

Way to start the pawty!!!! Let the celebration begin!

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI